PLC info

jigga

Hi, I am a engineering student. We have a group project concerning PLCs. We decided to pick PLC Communication as our topic. We are having trouble finding some good updated information on PLC communication. Can any of you please help and let me know where I can find some good info concerning this topic? Thanks.

Personally I am not sure you will get more replies than this because the subject is kind of a mute point.

PLC's can and DO use most common communication interfaces...ie RS232, RS485, and Ethernet. The RS485 can be a standard connection BUT the protocol used with it may be proprietary.

With any communications connections you must have the correct information etc needed to make the proper connection.

This can differ dependent on brand/model of the plc.

Similar Topics

Anyone know what these statistics mean or if there is a page that explains it more? I couldn't find anything on Rockwell's website or literature...
Replies
Views
I am trying to make a change to a Mitsubishi plc FX3GE program that is running currently in the machine. I do not have a copy of the original...
Replies
Views
Hi there, I am having trouble with saving Data Log in Micro850 AB PLC. The data log requires date and time information to function properly...
Replies
Views
I've got a customer with a printing machine that has an Omron C200H-CPU21-E and the processor is dead. I've got 120VAC but no status indicator...
Replies
Views
Hi guys I have had a thought that I could email data from a plc , but I have never done this and need your help ? I have a micrologix 1400 and a...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom