VFD & turbin TX

Unregistered

U
Hi All could anyone give me some advice on how to connect my Micromaster VFD to communicate with a Hedland turbine flow transmitter? I am have some difficulty getting them integrated. Thanks??

T.S

I would presume that the Hedland turbine flow transmitter has some output that is an ISA standard. Something like a 0-10VDC, 4-20mADC or 1-5VDC or a digital pulse train or something that is available and defined in the specs for the transmitter. Once you know what you have coming from the flow transmitter, look at the available analog inputs to your drive and see is they are compatible. If they are you are home free, if not, then you may have to do some signal conditioning to get the two to communicate. For instance, if the flow transmitter only outputs a 4-20mADC signal, and the drive only accepts a 0-10VDC signal, then a conditioner that will change the current signal to a voltage signal is what you will have to use. Simple enough, huh?

The transmitter puts out a 4-20ma signal and the VFD accepts 4-20ma signal.

I have got a rheostat wired in to the analog input to adjust the speed of the VFD and now I want to add a flow transmitter to monitor the flow. The problem is the drive only has one analog input. Can I do this?

T.S

The answer lies entirely with the features contained within the VFD. If the drive has PID capability, wire it according to the instruction manual. If the drive does not have PID capability, you will need a stand-alone PID controller ahead of the drive. In that case, your setpoint pot and your flowmeter both connect to the controller, not the drive.