Omron program

ekkho

Hi,

I wonder if any of the experts here know how we can read binary codes that represent program for Omron PLC.

I need to remake a system that is built around 1988 with Omron PLC. And there are no explanation about the PLC program except in binary format. I wonder what software / how can I read this binary format.

Thanks in advance for any input/comments

If you can use some program to translate binary code to other code (like hex or ASCII code).. maybe i can help you if you send sample of your program

I agree, I worked on a PLC controlled system around 1989 that used an OMRON unit. It appeared to be a solid PLC with no issues. It had a hand held programmer that as I remember it was quite easy to hook up and read from. Displayed the ladder symbols and you could scroll through the entire program during trouble-shooting. Since the programmer wrote such a solid program I had not much need to fix the program itself although the machine appeared to be high maintenance.

Thanks for all the reply.
The extension of the file is .bin

Where can I get the handheld programmer for it ?

This is part of the program, I open the file with wordpad. I don't have any program that can change this to a hex/ascii file.

Thanks in advance for any reply

Οÿ†€‹½Ã½ÃŽ Ÿ-Ÿ Ž Ÿ"Ž 7Ÿ$†@—
— — ŽÁÖŸŽÂ
ŸŽÂ5Ÿ ŽÂÙŸ

ŽÁXŸ

Ž ŸžŸŽ ŸŽ -ŸŸ Ž ¿`Žwÿ¿``` †A·`†·` †€·` †@·`~Á;†€‹¶`…'¾`…&…'

¾`` †@—~Á;;¶`–'„ï—'ž-0& †½Á¶0Ÿ-ž 0& † ½Á¶0Ÿ ž"0& †@½Á¶0Ÿ"ž$0& †€½Á¶0Ÿ$}…¦'z…§&
†·…§…¦½ã»– &–&†@— ž0&

0–& †@—Ž Ÿž0&

0– &†@— žŸ

+½ÃÕŽ€ ¦„+ H+0 õ;†€§„n˜†€‹–'Š—'ï ô†€‹†½Á¶;†€‹¶`

…&†½Á¶;OŽ€×«€ŒG&ù—& ý4

†€‹†ÿ— 5Š4~¨„4†€‹ …4š(—(·`W–,Š—,·`1Ž`P† §€Œ`W&ù5ˆ†€‹–'Š—'ïŽ Ÿ-½Äc½Ä¨½Ä
 ž¿`†@·` –'„þŠ—'~Á;†€‹ïŽ Ÿ Ž`PŽ€À¦¡§€Œ`W&÷–'„ý—'~Á;†€‹–'Š—'ïŽ Ÿ"½Éˆ½Í)½Å9½Ä,½Ïï½Ðo½Ð1½Ò&½Ó½Î*½ÎP½Ô ½Ó«½Ôš½Õ

½Õb½×³½×_½Øš½Ùe½Ù¹½Ú

½ÛP½ÚǽÛs½Ý²½Þ½Þ®½ß½ßW½ß´½ÜH½Øv½Ø'½Ö½Öl½Û-½Úa½ÞZ½à½à\½åV½àú½É+–'„û—'~Á;†€‹–'Š—'ïŽ 7Ÿ$¾€Ô0¿€Ô½ÆX –'„÷—'~Á;4½Ã¶`*û5ˆ†·` † ·` 94†€‹OŽ€×«€ŒG&ù‘&'Žæì
í˜0

®„*ô¶`„··€Ö½Úc½ÚɆ —)—*—+·`0—,·`1Ž ¿…Š¿…Œ¿"¿–¿Ž¿¿€ÔxyŒ…‡€-½Ó½Õ½×a½Øœ½Ùg½Ù»½Ú½Ûu½Ý´½Þ½Þ°½ßY½ß¶½ÜJ½Ö½Ön½Þ\½à

†·u†ÿ·G½ÉˆG½Å;½ÆZ5ˆ4¶`… '!–'„ —'–,„þ—,·`1†ÿ·`2·`3¶…©Š`·`B

–)·`2–*·`35ˆOÖ-ƒ ÿ&

–,Š€—,·`1 –,„—,·`194@2ÎÄ[†§äŽ€/Æÿ¦Ñ¥ä'o€ ç€hä$†§ä¦ÑŒ€O&ç2a5À` `!`"`#2}† §bŽ€OŽ`°Œ

I have to watch myself here!! A .BIN extension can be opened with Winexplorer or a couple of other "grey" market programs..

Post the file and i can save it as a word doc..

Just wondering

What PLC type is it?
My memory is fading now - must be altzimers

Sounds like the program is saved in the old LSS software.
I dont think I still have a copy of it.
Zip up the Bin file and paste it please