MICROMASTER 440 and Profibus

Unregistered

U
Hello,
i have a Siemens OpenPMC (see www.openpmc.com) connected trough profibus to a Micromaster 440.
They are not able to communicate i check the MM4 settings, cable lenght, etc.
My BT200 connected to the PLC side is able to see the address of the micromaster but they are still not talking!!!!
thanks

do you have a green light on the CB ? have you set the drive to PPO3 or whatever is required . get yourself a copy of siemens starter software , you can run a drive over profi without a master on the bus.

i have a orange light on the MM4, and i set PP03 yes...i had Siemens setting up the MM4 and for them is all ok and ready to go

then it is not OK , the drive is not seeing a master on the bus . I don't have a copy of the CB manual with my now , but orange I am sure means no active correctly configured master on the bus , flashing green means master OK and configured , but writing incorrect control word to PLC - I am sure someone will correct this if wrong , but I think its OK .

I'd go for a hardware config "browse list" if you like of the master , make sure that address , access width , and GSD file are in order . Then you should get your green light.

See if you can "borrow" a copy of starter , it is the thing for MM series drives , and makes it a doddle to set them up.
PS does the BT 200 see the master on the bus ?

Yes, it does...
in the MM4 manual at page 63
"NOTE
If a class 2 master with acyclical communication (PC or HMI) is installed, but no
class 1 master with cyclical data exchange, then the LED displays "orange on"."

what does it mean?

Big waffle for the same thing - I've never tried it , but I believe you can use an HMI as a class 1 master , and control the drive directly from the HMI , the reference is saying that your master is either not a master , or not properly configured - I'd look carefully at the config again - you did check the profibus address didn't you ?

Checked everything...
Master is node 1 and MM4 node 60.
I checked the DPV1 box just in case but ...no results... any other ideas?

whilst you shouldn't have to (126) I would bring the MM node address down to 16 (I like 16)
Did you configure the master to control node 60 - I tried to look at your openpmc stuff but couldn't - I got 5 drives up and running (agreed , not yet tuned ) in about 10 minutes on profi today , there must be something really obvious but not obvious that you are missing .
Look again , nice and slow.

OpenPMC can easily be connected to Micromaster 4. There are dozens of running installations. Follow the following steps:

Get in the Program Development Environment, I/O configuration, Devices Catalog. Load the Micromaster GSD file (e.g. SI0280B5.GSE).

In the I/O configuration tree, instance as many nodes as needed, selecting from the Devices Catalog the device "Micromaster 4". For each instance you may need to select the appropriate number of I/O information to be exchanged.

Finally, for each Micromaster 4 instance, double-click the icon opening the "Slave Properties" dialog box. Remove the check from the "DPV1 Extensions" checkbox and change the User Parameters from the default value (C1, C0, 17) to 0,0,0.

You can now rebuild the application and update the OpenPMC, the Micromaster devices will now communicate.

For further technical questions about OpenPMC, a free Tech Support Service is available through e-mail writing to [email protected].

Bangee!