AD ECOM problem

BoxerBrats

OK been having problem with trying network 2 AD PLCs and a touch screen. When using NetEdit3 it sees all the ECOM cards, and ethernet card on touch screen. When using EZ Touch software it sees all nodes, and recogonizes the ECOM cards, but just doesnt communicate.

When trying to go into the 205 PLC direct would NOT connect... then connected after numourus tries, but would give me a Non-Fatal error. Then goes to Fatal Error. When we removed the ECOM from the rack, It saw the K-Sequence instantly connected with no problems, and no errors. We put the ECOM card back, and errors were back.

What I am wondering is it possible that the ECOM being bad could it create connections problems between the touch screen, and the other PLC?

You are not putting the ECOM into slot 0 are you? On the 205 series, the only modules that can go in slot 0 are DIgital and Analog I/O and the D2-CTRINT.