ProTool - simulator

dzouzi

Hello,
I have ProTool with ProTool RT v6.0 +SP2 installed. ProTool is integrated with Step 7 - no problem it works fine. I use PLCsim in order to test IO response. It's OK.

But I don't now how to work with ProTool RT. There is a file with .fwd extension needed. I have no idea how to create it. If I compile my project, the result is .fud.
In menu file->test->... is neither <Start runtime> nor <Start simulator> active.

...Now I open some document, and I read, that ProTool RT is only for window-based system. Is there any chance to simulate text-based systems? - with conection to PLCsim?

Last edited:
FAQ Linking ProTool/Pro Runtime V6.0 with PLCSIM V5.0 SP1

QUESTION: Which settings have to be made to be able to link the ProTool/Pro Runtime V6.0 with the PLCSIM V5.0 SP1 when there is no MPI card installed in the PG/PC being used? ANSWER: If there is no MPI card installed in the c...
ID:13283804 / 04.11.2002 ... / SIMATIC ProTool/Pro visualization software / SIMATIC ProTool/Pro
FAQ Operating S7-PLCSIM through WinCC RT

QUESTION: How can I operate S7-PLCSIM (RUN-P, RUN, STOP and MRES) directly from WinCC Runtime? ANSWER: The function can be realized in WinCC without much programming. Proceed as follows: Start S7-PLCSIM Open...
ID:11916587 / 24.06.2002

http://support.automation.siemens.c...*&SearchArea=faqs&id=13283804&F11Marker=false

Unfortunately, my version of ProTool is German, so I'm not sure what the menu commands are in English, but I suspect the command you are looking for will be something like "File -> generate". On the symbol bar it's the thing that looks a bit like a hand mincer sitting between the printer and the TP-transfer symbols (5th symbol from the left).

I hope they don't change the symbol bar layout between different language version like they do the menu layout!

You need only open integrated in Step7 Protool project in Simatic Manager
and press "Start ProTool/Pro RT" button or File>Test>Start Runtime.
After compilation your project and if no error will run.
I use in ProtoolRt MP370Touch for testing PLC program and simulating button, input, output, value. After testing simple remove panel from program.

thanks for your answers,

but I don't have file->test->start_runtime or start_simulator ACTIVE in my menu. And when i compile project, the result is file with extension *.fud (that's because I use OP7-text based system). When I tried to implement other OP, but window-based system, then I have got file with *.fwd extension and menu items start_simulator + start_runtime became ACTIVE.

But we have here only OP7 panels installed and I thougth, that ProTool RT is able to simulate text-based systems as well as window-based systems => my mistake.

Is any chance to simulate text-based system - another system exists?

No - unfortunately it is only the Windows CE based panels or Protool RT that can be simulated.

Your best angle of attack is to get a spare OP7 to test your application on.