S7- reading/writing/scaling analog signals

olitheis

Hi there,

I just started a project with a S7 CPU315-2DP with all kinds of Slaves on the Profibus like WAGO I/O's, Eurotherm VFD's and DC-Drives... The Controller for Temperature, Axis control and HMI is a Moog TMC. Anyways, all is running fine so far, but reading/writing/scaling analog values in Step7 seems a little complex(?!) If someone knows a good way to do this or has some Examples (Function Blocks), that would be great. I read the analog values through a Wago Analog Input Module 750-456 and I would like to use the signal to create some comperators. Thank you
Oli

How are you currently reading/writing and scaling the analogue values ? Are you using FC105/106 or something else ? Can you be more specific on what the complexity is ?

For scalling you can use FC105 "Scale"
See help F1 for this function.
Call FC 105
IN:=PIW ** //Port
HI_LIM:=1,5000+002 //Max
LO_LIM:=0,00+000 //Min
BIPOLAR:=FALSE
RET_VALUE:="temp_word" // Error
OUT:="GRADUS_REAL" // Result

Hi,thank you for your fast answers.
I just tried this example I found:

L PEW 260
ITD
DTR
L 2.764800e+004
/R
L 9.000000e+002
*R
L 1.000000e+002
+R
T MD 10

But like I said, I prefer Function-Block-Diagramms, because that's the standard in Germany. I never worked with analog signals in PLC's/Profibus before, that's why I am a little sluggish with this, sorry.
Currently I am using a Wago Profibus Slave with 12bit Analog In- and Outputs(PEW/PAW 260) +/- 10V.
I looked at the FC105 and this looks like a great idea. I really appreciate your help.
Thank you, Oli
Oli