Electrical Safety questions and answers

Sarit

After reading a few posts on this site about electrical safety I wonder if anybody knows of any site wherein there are Q&A discussed about the electricity and electrical safety....

Is there anybody who can enlighten us on this forum about electricity and its rightful and right way to use?

Thanks,
Sarit

Do's and Dont's

Thanks Tom ....it is a useful site but what I was looking forward was to some Do's and Dont's with electricity or is it a totally wrong question ask?? or its only experience that would teach the answer:unsure:

DO always respect electricity as you would any form of energy and DON'T ever forget that. Everything else is theory, application, and sometimes, just plain luck.

This site may help with some of your electrical questions, it has some stuff on safety switches too. Since its Siemens the code aspects may better relate to your country: http://www.sea.siemens.com/step/default.html

This site sells safety devices but has alot of information pertaining to safety issues. http://www.sti.com
The NFPA/NEC codes are being harmonized (slowly) with IEC so many of the differences are slight so either will offer "the minimum" requirement for safe operation.

Treat all electrical circuits as being 'LIVE'

even if you test it first.
If in doubt call a sparkie.
It's your life.