A-B Panelbuilder 32 - import error text

ssommers

Hi all -

Does anyone know if there's a decent way to import alarm text into a Panelbuilder32 file (v. 3.82)? I've already typed it once & don't care to type it again. I'm going to be a very unhappy camper if I have to cut & paste each & every line.

TIA!
Susan

I've never found a way of doing it yet - although I'm sure someone out there knows better. :geek:

I've always had to cut and paste, sorry to break your heart, and i know how you feel, but that's the life we lead. :whistle:

I'll try to make this simple...

This works for Tag Edit, but will work for alarms also (ctrl+N for insert and paste in alarms, instead of ctrl+I for Tags)....(y)

Open PanelBuilder32 add one of each tag types you will be using. In the Tag Editor click the cell dirctly above the "1" in the upper left hand corner. This "selects all" or ctrl+L, then ctrl+c (copy). Open Excel, in the first cell paste. This will give you a starting point for the format needed to arrange your tags. Then begin to add all your tags to the speadsheet (hopefully faster than copy paste 1 for 1). When the speadsheet is done, copy only the cells that you want to creat in PanelBuilder (do not "select all") we only want for example columns A thru L and rows 1 thru 300, only select those. Copy, then go back to Tag Editor again click the "select all" or ctrl+L then right mouse click in the black area select EDIT > INSERT AND PASTE or ctrl+I, and magic you have all the tags in PanelBuilder...

Not sure this is the only way but has worked well for me...
Good luck...

Last edited:
Daniel,

Neat trick - I didn't know you could do that! I just tried, and the one "gotcha" that I can see is that you need to have enough rows in your Alarm message editor . . .

Marc

PS: Susan - I did it right in the Alarm message editor . . . not the tag editor that Daniel suggested.

KEWL! I knew there was an easier way to do this! Now all my text can match between the ladder & the panel. Some day, somewhere there will be an electrician thanking you guys.

Thanks,
Susan

I know I'm late to the party on this thread and this little trick but this just saved me hours of mindless typing and copy/paste work so thank you!