Omron Routing Table

Allan Barnes

Hello All,

I am new to OMRON, I have just gotten a hold of CX-one.
The task I am requred to do is set up the PID loop for E5ZN Temp controlers on an existing functional network.

Not to big of a deal, but the problem tat I am running into is in CX-Integrator it will not allow me connect to it, it keeps giving an error that the slave node is not configured.

Talking to Tech support they tell me, I need to set up the routing tables.

After going through the manuals it seems to me to be more for going through multable PLC's to get to the requred device.

I am adding the PIC's of what I uploaded, Hopfully some one can guide to what I need to be able configure tis temp controller

I haven't configured a routing table using CX-ONE as yet, but will try and do one tomorrow when on site with table configured using CX-Net.

I have done it, when using NS Screens on older Omron systems, is easy enough once you have done it, but the manuals are not that clear.

Have had a quick look at the cx-one setup for routing tables, more info on your setup would be helpful, such as PLC type, com modules attached and the type of networks that your devices are on.

Allen

Tech support is correct, you do have to add a routing table to the PLC. Specifically, you need to assign a FINS network number to the specific port on the SCU card that you are using. The FINS protocol is used to communicate with the temp controllers.
Also, the port has to be configured as a 'Serial Gateway' or 'Protocol Macro' port, matching the baud rate and serial settings of the E5ZN controller. If you are not using the Protocol Macro function, then configure the port as 'Serial Gateway'.
The default comms parametes for E5ZNs are 9600, 7, E, 2 (with the baud rate rotary switch set to 1).

See the attached images.
Once you have a routing table setup for each network module on the PLC (DeviceNet, Ethernet, Controller Link), you should be able to communicate with the E5ZN controllers.

Well thanks guys,

On friday I created the Routing tables, but was still having problems.

My problem turned out to be the message time out in the master was set at 2s. Once I set it to 10s, I was able to upload and down load to the E5ZN.
Being new to Omron, I just did not know were to look. Theie error messages shure don't seem to be helpfull.