A general Plc Question

Use one of these.

grader.jpg

Should do the trick.

OK - I'm going to try a somewhat serios answer as I believe the questioner is asking a serious question. I believe he is asking how different PLC are rated relative to each other.

First of all, some user's will value aspects of the PLCs differently than others. But generally a PLC is considered more powerful based on:

1. Number of I/O (Inputs/Outputs) it can control.
2. The amount of memory space for the program and for data.
3. The speed of execution
4. The extent of the programming instructions available.
5. The programming languages available.
6. The extent to which it can control remote I/O
7. The varied type of I/O communication channels available
8. The types of programming/data gathering channels available
9. The usability of the programming packages.
10. The integration of the programming package for the PLC with that of HMI's, motion control and other aspects of control.

Bernie , your dedication is commendable !
I feel that the first two replies were more serious than the question !
First of all , was it a question ? , it didn't have one of these "?" things , and the structure is a mix of an interogative statement used to test knowledge and a statement of fact - but which one it is , I don't know .
Because one of my little pet hates is people without manners , I feel a "please" or a "thank you" , and perhaps a question that could be answered might be good .

I did particularly like the first reply, but on the off chance that Australian English is now leaving off the question mark I decided to try my reply.

bernie_carlton said:
I did particularly like the first reply, but on the off chance that Australian English is now leaving off the question mark I decided to try my reply.

?????????????????????
I seem to have a few extra boxes of them?
Maybe I can send a few to Thiagan?

??????