Cimplicity HMI & SQL table

sapoleon

I have seen, how easy is to make a data table with Cimplicity HMI, and SQL. Just say if you want a data log or an event log, and its everything nice and selfmade practically. Just add the point to the table.

But, I am now in a situation that I can not use that. I have a specific table in a SQL server, and I have to add my point to that table, and even the name of the columns, is not the name of my points. That would be the first part of my problem, the question is, does someone knows how to do that? I am trying in the way of the SQLExecQuery, but I didn't managed to make it work.

The second part of the problem, is for the Trending, lets say I have already the points in this outside table, how can i use them with the trends? or i should have also a Cimplicity table (duplicated) just for the trends?

from now, thanks.

Ok, the first part of the question is solved already. It seams I was tipping something wrong. The script looks something like this now:

Dim s As String 'this is used temprarily to check results
Dim qry As Long

id&=SQLOpen("dsn=K22;UID=sa;PWD=****",s)
qry = SQLExecQuery(id&,"INSERT IGNORE INTO T_Data (Counter, Run_No) values (1, 'deriv')")
qry = SQLExecQuery(id&,"UPDATE T_Data SET Counter = 0 WHERE Counter = 1")
id& = SQLClose(id&)

there are more INSERT and UPDATE items, (40 of them) but the idea is the same. and i put them also in if conditions, that are not relevant now.

But still, I can't get it to work with the trends. I don't get the table available, to choose the points from it (when using expression logged).

every advice will be appreciated.

thanks again

I didn't get how to use the external table in the trending. so far, I used the intrinsic trend data of the points, for 30 days, (I think its enogh), for the graphics, and the sql for saving the points to use with an external SPC.