Newbie need help.

cue_ball

Hi guys..
I know it kinda lame.. but i stuck with a small program.. i had some basic knowledge in plc programmin..
the program is this i workin on a project which i suppose to build a sort of testin device which link all the x n y together so when i input a simple ladder program i can test it.
Problem is im using a NAIS FP2SH cpu unit.. transfer vias rs232 n program is fpwin.. but it like after i worte the program n dl it to my fpc.. and when i flip the switch then no response..

ETC..
|-[]x10-------()Y30-|

x10 is a simple switch y30 is a lamp?

I know it kinda hard to let u guys find the fault cos im not explainin in detail but what are the possible fault i can look into..
THANKS guys..

1. Are the inputs and outputs wired correctly?

2. Can you force Y30 and get the lamp to work?

3. Can you force X10 and get the lamp to work?

4. Does the lamp have a "good" bulb?

5. Is the PLC in run mode?

1. Are the inputs and outputs wired correctly?
-->Should be.. 90% confident..
2. Can you force Y30 and get the lamp to work?
-->Try but it dont work
3. Can you force X10 and get the lamp to work?
-->Try but it dont work
4. Does the lamp have a "good" bulb?
-->Yes, test it with a tester
5. Is the PLC in run mode?
-->Nop. it in remote mode.. but i control and set it to run by using fpwin..
Really thanks for the help.. hope u can cook up a few more..
Thanks man..

not familiar with your brand of processor ... but are you sure that you have power (line feed) connected to the common screw on your output section? ... reason: you can't get power "out" if you don't put power "in" ...

It should be.. cos previously there was a program inside the PLc which i try to up load but fail.. the previously program although was not complete but it still manage to light up a few bulb.. btw i also has a 7 segment attached.. and the 7 seg lit up..

thank for yr advice i will retest alll the wiring later..
Hope for more advice..
the plc im using is panasonic. fp2 60k step

I check all the wiring.. and it should be no pro..
Btw im using XY64D2T (panasonic also), it the thing where all yr X n Y come out.. the problem is. when i flip the switch to X.. i can see the status changes tellin me which X(input) is be trigger.. but for the Y is all blank.. no light at all..?? MMM all tips guys??

If you force the Y output and the light does not come on, then you have one of the following:

Bad light
bad output
bad wiring

By forcing the output you remove the chance that the logic is bad, when an output is forced on then it is on, no other option. So... force an output and investigate until you find out why the light does not come on.

here is my setup. 16 of my x is link to flip switchs.. the rest of the 16 x is link to a OMron A7p.. THen y for the flip is 16 leds. and for the a7p is 4 7th-segment..
chances of the wiring bad is slim cos this setup is setup by panasonic.. and when i turn the plc on.. one of the 7th segment lit up therefore ruling out the possibility of no power input..
MMm will try to write out a more detail descipt. of my current setup. but that all for now.. or is there any setup i need to do first..
The program?/ for drawin the ladder diagram?
i just typer
|--(x10)--[y30]--|

the x10 should filp the y30light right?

i mean do i need to light initialize something..
like c programmin??
thanks guys

My plc program input is

--||---()--

ths ladder should be no pro.

but on my plc the error light n the battery light lit up!
can it be due to this that why my plc is not workin.. if so wht may be the possibility?
thx guys

Try to perform a "Fault Reset". If there was ever a program fault, then processor goes into Fault Mode. You must find out how to reset a fault in your PLC. A few PLCs will reet when power is turned off. For most you must issue some command or press some keys in your programming software.

For the record, if a program is running, and a program Output bit is ON, then on SOME small PLCs, an Output light or LED MAY NOT be on. There are some that have multiplexed Output LEDs. For example there might be 16 outputs, but only 4 LEDs. To "see" a particular group of Outputs, you might have to scroll down or up with a button on the output module.

Last edited:
cue_ball said:
sorry guys.. but by the way wht does a cad file do for yr plc?

Do you mean a Computer-Aided Drafting file? Normally this type of file is not used by a PLC. However, there are Computer-Aided Manufacturing plants where CAD drawings are sent to the Production line using some type of computer.

not sure

cue_ball after you write you program it has to have and end.
++++++++] [++++++( )+++
+++++++++++++++++(end)+

and it has to be (compiled)(verified) or something to check it for errors. Then downloaded to your plc. Most of the time your plc can not be in RUN when you download it must be in program. Then after you download change back to run. Can you go online with your software and see what your program is doing?