allen bradley micrologix plc's (starterpak)

Greetings fellows,Iam new to here but here is my problem : purchased a AB micrologix plc stater kit with windows based software RSLOGIX 500 and RSLINX, however cannot get plc to talk to pc, yet drivers are configured and micrologix is displayed on pc any ideas to source this solution?
Chris,
United Kingdom.

Last edited:
Interesting...

and micrologix is displayed on pc

by this do you mean that the MicroLogix icon is appearing in the RSLinx Who display?

Is the Autobrowse box ticked and can you see Linx scanning for nodes?

Can you right click on the Micro and get Station Diagnostics or do Data Monitor... if you can do any of these things then the PLC is connected to the PC.

If not then the next issue is to resolve why RSLogix is not connecting to the RSLinx driver.

Along the same lines as Phillips questioning, Can you see the little Icon of the Micrologix Controller?
RSWho.jpg

If you were closer id pop by and help, but i have not been up your way for a few months now!

I have used an ML beofre only the SLc's but i would assume they are very similar

So if you can see the ML in RS Linx as Micro then the coms from linx to the micro should be ok

Go into RS Logix and click

Comms > System Comms

should bring up a window as below

(I have no online plcs at home so the ONLINE button is greyed out but yours should be highlighted)

Click the Online button and see what happens

Please forgive me if I am stating the obvious.
Once you get RSlinx to recognize the PLC you need to start RSlogix to Go Online.
Start up RSLogix
Then Click Go Online.
Go.jpg

You can select one of the buttons to the right,
Online.jpg

Is this of much use?
George Bradley

What two posters have mentioned is that once you get the RSLinx driver configured, you also have to configure RSLogix 500 software to use the specific "path" to the controller.

The path includes the driver name, and the network node of the controller. Because you're just using DF1 Full Duplex, the controller's node number will be 1.

RSLogix 500 includes a "Who Active Go Online" function that allows you to select the driver and node number, and it also saves the last driver and node number you were using.

Again: The RSLogix 500 software must be made aware of the proper RSLinx driver and controller node number. Use the "System Comms" or "Who Active Go Online" functions.

Did your starter pack come with the "getting results" document for RSLogix 500 ? This is really Day 1 stuff in the SLC/Micrologix classes I teach.