PanelView Plus focus again

Hundikoer

Hi guys

Now, when I was confirmed, that it is not possible to use arrows in PVP to change object in focus I am in big trouble.

There is 192 objects per page and customer demands that he must control the focusing also upwards and downwards. Otherwise I must have to change the terminal (which idea I do not like). Also Beijer E-series does not fit him, as there is no keyboard option and I do not want to change it in my own cost.

Seems hopless.

Anyway, is it possible to use functionkeys and run sort of macro that uses currently active object "address" and after pressing Fn, it will go down from that object.

Or is this feature available in ver. 4/CPR7?

Any suggestion is welcome.

Regards
Lauri

PS! The customer's requirement is ofcourse not specified in contract and I really could not assume that it can be a problem, but the main criteria is to delight the customer.

Or should I use RSLinx OPC server and Excel? Should require a lot additional programing but gives him blody arrows that are "needed"!

My PV+ can tab forward and reverse using the |<- ->| arrow keys.

Studio v3.10
Panelview Plus 700 rev 3.21

Sam

Are your objects in fairly straight lines..can you use the "K" keys up and down the sides to "fake" focus a row, then use the arrow keys for forward/backward focus in a row? What I mean is, make a new screen that is identical to your screen in question, except the only selectable items are the ones in that row associated next to say, the "K4"; the rest would be "greyed out" sort of like a windows menu.... am I making sense? You would have to make a new window for each "K" key though, which could be a lot of screens...

Marty

Martyh

It would mmake something like more than 100 screens. It is not probably solution that's best for the case, but in other situations it would be OK.

I offered to the customer a solution when there is only three objects in the page and he can freely select the "index". Everything would be controllable by PC keyboard. "NOPE" he said, blody m....f...er!

It's rrally hard to assume, what everyone want/like/require/hate.

Still, if anyone can say that CPR7 will solve my problem, everything would be OK

Lauri

Just was wondering, if I use RSView ME PC version and add ActiveX component, where is Excel sheet. The customer can enter data and move cursor by arrows in Excel. Ofcourse I need at least RSLinx Single Node for OPC server, but it would be cheaper solution than PVP700.

Can it work?

Regards
Lauri