panelview 600

Is that a PanelView Plus?

If so in RSView ME on the communcations tab you need to select Local (means from PV to PC) and setup the type of driver you are going to use.

Do you have the right comm cable setup?
This was copied from another forum.

PanelView Standard terminals have a "DCE" type serial port. Any straight-through RS-232 cable will work to connect a PanelView to a PC or to a PLC with a 9-pin RS-232 connector
d- 9 pin f-male both ends.

This is for pc to Panelview

pin 2 > 2
pin 3 > 3
pin 5 > 5 screen

This is for pc to SLC
2 > 3
3 > 2
5 > 5 screen

Sid

the k6c16 will use a straight-thru serial cable.

In RSLinx use the RS232 DF1 devices driver.
You should be able to 'auto-config' the driver and see the PV.

In PB32, select download.
Make sure transfer type is set to rslinx network
on left side, select the DF1 driver and on the right select the PV
click OK
also be aware that the k6c16 has two serial ports, one for comms and the other for printing.