A student using PLC logic

gpbill14

I am working on a lab for a PLC class that is using compare instructions and 8 separate rungs. Each one must be run separately to see if the logic is working correctly. After I do all 8 rungs, how do I run each one separately so I can tell if each works correctly? I am just getting used to PLC logic, and this one has me stumped.

If I'm understanding you correctly......
Why can't you use the previous instruction to trigger the next instruction etc?
instruction1

------] [----------(instruction2) 

instruction2

------] [----------(instruction3) 

Etc,etc

Or am I totally loosing the plot here ?

Think in Basic language, or any other simular language:

If condition#1 = True THEN Output#1 = True
If condition#2 AND Output#1 = True THEN Output#2 = True

you can AND, OR conditions this way. But DONT have the same outputs#s on different rungs!! Bad! No!

Have fun, and post your results, folks here can fix ANYTHING - except me :)

Rod (The CNC Dude)