Votes: 7 31.8%
  • Cimplicity

Votes: 6 27.3%
  • Proficy

Votes: 3 13.6%
  • Hand Held Programming Unit

Votes: 1 4.5%

• Total voters
I've used the top three, mainly used VersaPro and Cimplicity (Machine Edition) because they were bought for the project. If I had to do a competitive bid, I would use LogicMaster and save the money.

LM90 fro older versions of CPU Versapro for the newer.
Versapro good for multiple windows where many subsections are availbleto view in diagnostics .
LM90 sturdy program but I can find it a bit cumbersome.
Given choice would opt for Versapro.

I have used and taught the use of all three, LogicMaster 90, VersaPro and Proficy ME (or Cimplicity ME).

It was always a "pain" in one way or another to change and they all have there pros and cons. There really is no "real good" reason not to stay current with any Software that you use a lot, in my opinion.
Yes, once in awhile a bug will be introduced but they are always fixed. Once in awhile we may lose a 'feature' or two, usually temporarily.
But.....
If you really get to know the new software and use it as intended, you will 'always' be more productive with it. If this is not the case, the developer will go out of business.
I can not recall any software package that I have ever used extensivly that would be an exception to this.
The key is to learn it and use it as intended and NOT try to force it to "work like it used to".

I used LM90, Cimplicity Control and Versa Pro.

Versa pro because I have an XP machine. Windows packages seem to be much easier when you don't use it enough to remember all the keyboard shortcuts.