drive executive help

plcnewbie

I would like to get all my parameters out of my drives and into Excel for safe keeping just incase something should go wrong and I need to replace one. Short of typing them all out I see no way to import them into Excel. Am I missing something? I use Excel to see online value via RsLinx but can this be done with drive executive?

Silly old me ! been a long day dealing with p.eople who don't know there bum from a hole in the ground . The highlight of my day is reading through these posts , and trying to return my brain to a more conventional orbit

Actually I would say rude old you as opposed to silly!! There is a reason my name on here is plcnewbie. If I was you maybe I would be Plcguru and I could come to the boards only to insult!!
If I took it wrong then I apologize.

If anyone cares the Drive is a pflex 40

short answer...

Yes,

with the drives executive package you can upload the parameters.

LC

I'm not familiar with drive executive, but I've exported files from drive explorer to txt format, then imported them into excel. I've even used screenshots to save info and then used adobe acrobat to convert them into txt files, and from there they can be imported to excel.

Not rude at all PLCNewbie , I misread you post , my attention was drawn to it , and I replied by saying that I have been working all day in a factory where the people know nothing , therefore I am very tired . What is rude about that ?
Yes , you did take it wrong , perhaps you might take the trouble to READ first.
Given the drive type you can use drive exec and do as you wish -
That is , if anyone cares.

Sorry then TutichipI dont want to turn this into a long drawn out argument. I realize after reading your post more carefully that I did misread, although if you think about it, it is easy to do given the nature of typed as opposed to spoken words.
My bad.

Thanks for the help thus far people

Don't worry about it , its been a long day , my backside is like a dartboard with mosi bites , a factory full of fruitcakes , and I could murder a family sized vodka and soda with ice and lime

plcnewbie:

Is there a particular reason that you want to use Excel? As LC03 mentioned, you can upload the file from each PF40 drive and save a DriveExecutive .dno file.

If the need arises to install a new drive, you can then open the .dno file and download it to the new drive. This could help eliminate the need for Excel.

Cheers,
Rick

rgurin,

No I was told to use excel for some reason or another but maybe who told me didnt think about us having drive executive? Also I am not sure if I can get to all of our drives via ethernet or device net/ control net. I know we use excel for alot of other things and this may have been an attempt at my learning it better as well as busy work.
So far though I have been able to get them into excel for viewing it just worries me whenever I download from an online and running device from our office. I have begun making backups of them and it seems to be workin great. All I needed was the first push in the right direction, that was provided as usual from you guys here!!

Thanks manmee,t but it is a fact that we contract most electrical out as far as install goes, then we are responsible for both that and controls.