Panelview 1000 Freeze up

EWORD

icon9.gif

I am having problems with some of the icons freezing up on the panel view. The configuration consits of an AB panel view,a Fanuc Robot M-16iAL, AB SLC 500, and Device net. The inputs are functioning correctly I can monitor the stand alone computer running RSlogix and i can see the Photo eyes change states, But on two occassions I noticed several of the icons not updating to the panel view. Could this be a glitch in the Panel view or is something else going on.

EWORD said:
icon9.gif

I am having problems with some of the icons freezing up on the panel view. The configuration consits of an AB panel view,a Fanuc Robot M-16iAL, AB SLC 500, and Device net. The inputs are functioning correctly I can monitor the stand alone computer running RSlogix and i can see the Photo eyes change states, But on two occassions I noticed several of the icons not updating to the panel view. Could this be a glitch in the Panel view or is something else going on.

Hi,

Please check if you have terminator resistor in your network (if you are using RIO/DH+).

Besides that if you are using DH-485 protocol, I suggest you can change to DF-1 (we have similar experience).

Maybe you can also check if the temperature of the PV+ is too high, I notice PV+ operating temp is much higher than the PV, might due to heavy processing and harddisk inside the PV+ :)

Hope it helps.