Listen to akreel's radio debut...

Phil Melore

Administrator
Hi Folks,

akreel's moment of fame from his radio show contest have been posted in the downloads section of the site. (y)

Check the home/misc directory for the files... click here. Unzip them and they'll play in Windows Media Player.

Enjoy,

akreel said:
Have you heard the part where I plug the site, yet?
AK

That's my favorite part.:geek:

The Air Canada story is pretty scary... Why didn't you tell your furniture delivery story? Everyone can relate to that. I myself recently had a sofa delivered and it wouldn't fit down the stairs so they had to put it back on the truck. What a hassle to get my money back (n)

Nice job!

Phil Melore said:
Why didn't you tell your furniture delivery story?
I was running low on time, and I was afraid I'd cuss.

I ordered a dining room set: table, six chairs, a hutch, and a dresser to set the hutch on (we hated the base for the hutch). I gave them almost two months to get it all together, because we weren't ready to move.

So, I get the call the day before: "Two of your chairs are on back order and the table we got is scratched."

The delivery van rolls up and we immediately reject one chair (three are left). The dresser wobbles on my hardwoods. It's partly the floor, but very OBVIOUSLY the dresser. So we rejected it and said the hutch may as well stay on the truck. At this point, I've waited around all day for THREE STINKING CHAIRS!

An hour later, the delivery dudes call: "We got a tech to meet us."

The dresser still wobbles. So, these guys go out to the truck, and grab a battery operated circular saw to shave the middle "leg." This guy is fiddling with the guard and pointing the blade at his belly, with his finger on the trigger! I said in the interview that I thought I was going to have to tell the police why there was a bloody black dude in my dining room.

After these guys leave, we notice that the hutch and dresser stains don't match... (This the story that I told)

Fast forward to now, the stains STILL don't match. We had a tech come out to fix scratches on the table and chairs (what he can do is AMAZING, by the way) when they were delivered several weeks later.

AK

.wma = windows media audio file = playable with Windows Media Player

🍻

-Eric

P.S. Great job, Aaron... Thanks for sharing this with us... :cool:

EDIT: It probably would have been better to post these in the more popular .mp3 format.

Last edited:
Rick Densing said:
Don't let the guys at brewcityradio get to you. A lot of wind over there.
Stirring the pot and ruffling feathers.
They really are full of themselves, aren't they?

It's radio! It's all about marketing and egos. This contest is a huge gimmick, but it's a good one. I don't think there are two people on the brewcity board or in your average studio that like each other. Do you think Bob and Brian or Weber and Dolan cuss each other out off the air? :mad:

AK

Cool find there, Tom... (y)

WFD.jpg

🍻

-Eric

Guys,

Chris is on on Thursday. He has my vote, barring any unforseen circumstances. It's going to be a tough choice for the audience, the contest has been very good for all three of the finalists. They've certainly come a long way in a few short weeks!

The final three contestants will be on friday morning (together?).
Listen and vote this weekend! This is the final round.

Listen live (Streaming): http://www.newstalk1130.com/main.html
Vote: http://www.milwaukeetalkstar.com

AK

Aaron, I have done some radio in my past, sorry you were eliminated from the competition. I listened to your stuff that was posted here on the site, not bad. Even with all of our modern means of communicating, the radio is still a powerful force in life. I think it even beats a cell phone when you are driving a car! LOL