Do I need OPC in this application SAP - OMRON & AB

ckchew666

Hi,

We've a customer plan running with >15 pcs of SLC 5/04 on DH+. They've just bought a RSlinx Professional to work with their SAP system implemented by www.mexter.com.my . The mexter system will retrive data and send data to the SLC5/04 (something like our RSVIEW).

Their also have 1 unit of OMRON plc running in their plant. Can RSLinx Professional or Gateway send & receive data from OMRON PLC through Ethernet (or other possible network)?

If not what is the best Rockwell product to work with OMRON for this purpose?

Thanks

RSLinx only acts as an OPC server for A-B controllers. You will need an Omron-specific OPC server for that controller.

I strongly prefer Kepware for OPC servers. I've tested their servers extensively and always get the best compatibility with RSView, which I obviously use a lot.

Ken Roach said:
RSLinx only acts as an OPC server for A-B controllers. You will need an Omron-specific OPC server for that controller.

I strongly prefer Kepware for OPC servers. I've tested their servers extensively and always get the best compatibility with RSView, which I obviously use a lot.

Thx for ur info, u have any what's the OMRON OPC call?

Besides that, the customer is not using RSView, but mexter. But I believe if it works well with RSVIew, mexter should be okie. :)