Difference between RSLogix 500 Starter & Standard?

ckchew666

Hi,

Appreciate if someone can show me a link on the difference between RSLogix 500 Starter & Standard. I realise the price is 50% cheaper (for Started).

Besides on Online editing...what else?

Thx. :)

There are more differences:
No indexed library load
No quick-key editing
No auto addressing
No intelligent address wizard
No auto address description
No online cross-reference
No program compare
No data table compare
No custom data monitor
No histogram
No advanced diagnostics
No program report with cross-reference
No database content report

When the MicroLogix 1100 is released in septempber, they will give the starter version online editing capability to support the ML1100 only.

mgvol said:
When the MicroLogix 1100 is released in septempber, they will give the starter version online editing capability to support the ML1100 only.

Is the ML1100 definatly delayed until Sept?
Last I heard it was August.

Thanks for updating me on the points where starter is limited compared to the basic version.

I could live with most of the cutouts, except maybe for "No program report with cross-reference". Does that mean that there is no X-ref at all, or only when printing out ?

And what is the "advanced diagnostics" that is supposed to be in the basic version ?

Wow! I do not know so many differences...thx a lot.

How about the instruction? Like PID tuning, do that available in Starter as well? Means if we have a small IO SLC with analog modules....then we need PID tuning, so can we get the starter for them?

Eric, from the comparison table, the top label RSLogix Release 6.0 is applicable to RSLogix 500? or all RSLogix?

Thx.

The instructions set should be the same; the starter package was developed primarily to support the MicroLogix line, which until the announcement of the ML1100, did not support on-line editing. As far as PID "tuning", no it will not have that capability (but neither does any version of RSLogix 500). For that, you have to purchase a separate package called RSTune.

mgvol said:
As far as PID "tuning", no it will not have that capability (but neither does any version of RSLogix 500). For that, you have to purchase a separate package called RSTune.

. . . or develop/set the tuning parameters yourself.

Marc

to answer one of Jesper’s questions:

And what is the "advanced diagnostics" that is supposed to be in the basic version ?

this previous thread should help answer that ...

experiment: in RSLogix5 or RSLogix500, just type in a few sample “titles” in a sample program ... go to the “Advanced Diagnostics” feature (under “Search” from the main menu) ... watch the program display shift in the background while you click the various selections on the list ... keep clicking the “expand” button as you narrow the search ... notice that the last step lists all of the “outputs” in the current section ... since, of course, those are the things that we’re usually trying to “fix” when we’re troubleshooting a system ...

the feature works well if (and ONLY if) someone has done a good job of breaking the program up into functional units ... sort of like “subchapters” within the “chapters” provided by various subroutine files ...

caution about OVER-using the “titles” feature: when you eventually print out a hardcopy (on paper) of your program, each “title” will force the start of a new page ... so if your program has 175 rungs - and each one has a title - then you’ll get 175 pieces of paper in your printout ... so use “titles” for functional “sections” - not for each individual rung ...