PLC RS232 serial port interfacing

JamesJi

When a host computer tries to send a control bite data to PLC via RS232, is an "Open Examine Contact" needed to active PLC serial port communication commands?

Thanks

Every PLC manufacturer has it's own protocols for dealing with the (if there is one) CPU serial port. Many allow switching the port from system mode (default for programming) to user mode (useful for printing, or talking to external devices).

You'd have to try to find either the protocol for your particular PLC, and write a driver for it, or use an OPC driver; either from the PLC manufacturer or a third party.

Good luck!

Similar Topics

MELSEC A RS422 (25pin) <> iQR C24 Serial RS232 (9pin) - Simple PLC Communication Communication from a MELSEC-A Series CPU (RS-422 – DB 25 Pin)...
Replies
Views
Have any of you used an RS232 mux on a plc 5 serial port so more then one device can communicate with it with DF1 protocol? Any idea if it will...
Replies
Views
Hi I wanted to control 4 Displays to switch input from a PLC with serial interface. The Display can be controlled via its serial port with ASCII...
Replies
Views
Hi friends, I have a problem. I want to read ASCII data over rs232 standard port. How can I do the reading process? FATEK FBs-CB25 -> port1...
Replies
Views
Salve a tutti, qualcuno di voi ha usato la scheda compatibile plc fx3u 32mt rs232 con pannello hmi mistbischi gs2107 . Ho problemi di...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom