Siemens MMC card

JvdV

At this point I have a question concerning the size of a memory card for a siemens 300 CPU (the small
icon30.gif
memory cards).

- How can you determain the size of the memory card?
- What is stored on the memory card (program code,comments)?
- What functions does the memory card have. Only store the programm or does it also have the function of working memory ?

Thanks in advance for your input...............
icon14.gif

Jurgen

The size is written on the label on the card in clear text.

The card is the load memory for the CPU. When you download your program to the CPU it is initially stored on the card. However, if the card is big enough you can also store any other data on it that you wish. I store the complete project (in archive form) plus all related documentation on mine.

You can also use it to store DBs which are only occasionally needed, for example recipe data, using the SFCs 82 - 84.

Thank you RMA.

Do you also know how you can determain the cardsize you need before you actually download the program ?

Jurgen

I believe standard practice is to use a card at least the same size as the CPU memory, although if you want to keep the project and documentation on the MMC as well (which has a lot to be said for it) then you'll probably need to go up to 2 - 4 MB, depending how big your project is.

You can find out how much memory your program is using, both load memory and working memory by right clicking on the "Blocks" sub-directory to open the context menu and then choosing Properties. The memory data is on the Blocks rider.