simple question on RSView SE

briana banks

Hi All

can i move an HMI project (RSView SE) from one computer to another
without exporting the tags/alarms i.e. just copy the entire sub folder from the HMI Projects folder (with the *.sed file in it)
and open it in another computer (which off course,has RSView SE
installed in it).

what are the steps?

Thanks

Application Manager can not backup.

Hi
in my RSView SE Application Manager there is no option
for backup.only for delete and rename..

Yes, you can copy the application folder, and it will come with everything under your HMI Project. Just make sure you get the right path for things...

HMI Projects are under (by default):

C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Documents\RSView Enterprise\SE\HMI Projectss.

Note that in XP computers, the 'Documents' part of the above will actually be labeled 'Shared Documents' until you drill down through it. (thanks Microsoft :mad: )

Copy the project folder under that, then if you just want to edit it, create a new application, and use the 'Import a Project'

Of course, it is probably easier (if you are using Studio 3.2 or above, to create a blank application with a blank area on your PC, and with a mapped drive use the 'Copy an HMI Server' option when you go to add the new HMI Server.

If you need to copy the entire everything, (including the Factory Talk info), set your machine to localhost, and copy the HMI Project folder, then also go to:
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Rockwell\RNAServer\Global and copy the .RnaD as well as any other related folders under that.

Once all that is done, you will get a bunch of errors trying to open it; you just have to right click on application, servers, etc in the Application Explorer window, and change the computer that they reside on.

RSViewSE can be nice, but Rockwell SERIOUSLY needs to work on better ways of packaging SE applications for deployment and backups.

Oh, if you just need a backup, take a look at: the BACKUP UTILITY.

Just like to add something:

If you need to copy the entire everything, (including the Factory Talk info), set your machine to localhost, and copy the HMI Project folder, then also go to:
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Rockwell\RNAServer\Global and copy the .RnaD as well as any other related folders under that.

Make sure that you've got Explorer set to show Hidden/System files or you may spend as much time looking for the file as I did.......:oops:

If this is [font=&quot]distributed application you will need to point the Factory talk to the new machine.. so that all the clients will know where to find the app.
[/font]

Good Luck

We endend putting 7 SE Stations on our 7 RTU's instead of the distrubuted. Very unreliable, good luck again.