S7 - Slow screen updates in ProTool

RMA

I finished defining all my archives recently and it's finished up at something like 1700 - 1800. Up until about 1000 Tags there was no problem and update times were < 1 sec. However, now that I've got all the archives running the screen update has slowed to ~ 4 secs.

ProTool is running on a 1.8 Ghz PC with 1 GB of memory, most of the settings are default (in particular the scan time) and the PC is the only thing connected to the MPI port, which is running at 12 Mb/s. Oh, nearly forgot, all the archives are set to trigger only on change.

Anybody have any idea what the practical upper limit is for number of Tags being archived, or are there any tricks which could be implemented to speed things up?

Similar Topics

Morning, We have an Omron Sysmac Cj1H processor, several Proface GP2600-TC41 HMI's, communicating Via ethernet, The touch screens reaction times...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have CX Programmer version 8.01 and have become (didn’t happen with an earlier version) frustrated when I go "online" (typically serial...
Replies
Views
I have a slow communication problem with a mitsubishi E615 touchscreen and do not know how to fix. I have tried many things but nothing seems to...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have created a diagnostic screen which comprises of a jig JPEG ,Alarm view,twelve buttons and six symbolic I/O fields running textlists...
Replies
Views
Anyone have issues with RSLinx being very slow to open. It sometimes will say "Checking Activation" at the bottom for what seems like an...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom