A "Smart" smart relay

BobB

Lifetime Supporting Member
I saw a presentation yesterday on the Mitsubishi Alpha 2 smart relay. Quite impressed. I do not usually use these things as they are generally far to small, only use them for time clocks.

This little baby (only does 28 I/O) has analogue outputs (0-10V count 0-4040 and 4-20ma count 2020), some inputs can be set up as analogue inputs (0-10V), autotune PID function, thermocouple and RTD input, display manager so that one can set up how the inbuilt display is used, lots of other things too.

The software is not bad either (FB based) but it uses "gate" logic rather than ladder. Have not used and/or gates for years. Looks like a likely suspect for many of you who only need a few I/O and an analogue or 2.

Don't know if any of the others have done this yet. If not, probably won't be too long.

Also lead to believe Moeller Easy has been extended to 100 I/O. Anyone know about this?

I think that I have seen those renu units before as different brands.

Well, if Moeller can relabel the "easy"s. everyone should be able to, also.

It worked for KOYO and their "workhorse" rack PLC.

Somehow, I don't explect to see AB relabelling PLC5 modules.

regards.....casey

If you liked that, you'll love this...
http://www.renuelectronics.com/hio.htm
Bit away from where I was looking. Have looked at the Horner units etc but usually do not need a screen of any sort, mainly for time clocks.

The main screens I use are the old electroluminescant type screens as specified by one of our very good consultants in Ozz. He will not normally allow LCD screens of any type due to the problems reading them from a short distance and acute angle. One can see the electros from anywhere.

I really do not have any use for the Mitsi Alpha 2 either. It is just a very interesting concept and I thought would be really useful for those doing smaller projects and looking for more functionality.

Waiting for AB to come back with info on the Micrologix 1100. That does look interesting for my smaller projects, although even the smaller projects would stretch the I/O count. The indications I have received are not all that promising though. The price of the unit looks a bit high but the software is a bit frightening in comparison to my normal.