PV600 Help....

DanielCamacho

Lifetime Supporting Member
I am adding a standard Control List Selector... Can someone tell me what I need to do to get this List selector to update when the PV is Initiated? With the "Standard" selected I can only set the Initial state. I have 7 values writing to one N7 word, the PLC has for example a value of 4 but when I download the PV app these List Controls do not diplay the correct value... The other option is the "Piloted" Control List Selector, but not sure how to use the "search tag", "Control tag" and the "Block write start" fields... just a simple answer, for a simple mind... :unsure:
PVList.PNG

This way the N7:0 will always have the correct value displayed?
Or Like this?
PVList1.png

Last edited:
I dont quite understand your question / what you are trying to achieve

The control list selector Standard just writes a value to the PLC from the Op Interface to the Write Tag that you assign.

The List is Assigned a function key to activate it, then the operator chooses what he wants using the up / down arrows.

Let me explain...

504bloke said:
I dont quite understand your question / what you are trying to achieve

The control list selector Standard just writes a value to the PLC from the Op Interface to the Write Tag that you assign.

The List is Assigned a function key to activate it, then the operator chooses what he wants using the up / down arrows.
Writing to the PLC is not a problem... I have a 7 item list, if the second item is selected I send a value of 2 to the integer file. The problem is, when the PV application is downloaded the screen containing the list selector always comes back at a default value, I would like it to come back with the actual data in the PLC... Instead of being on the first item in the list to be high lighted to the second position again if the integer is still a 2, or third position if 3 etc... This is just a visualization problem. I think the "Piloted" item list selector will correct this but it looks like to me, you have only two choices;
1. Set the data from the PanelView but not read, with the "Standard" item list selector
2. Set the data in the PLC and the PanelView will read the data, with the "Piloted" item list selector.

I want to do both, I think this is not possible...

Last edited:
Not sure...

RBEYER said:
Can you use the power up settings, which writes the last settings the PV had instead of using the default.
Not sure, don't think it is alowed, the properties page for the control list has an initial value list box, but no way to disable that...
PV Help said:
Initial State
Specifies the default state on initial power up of the terminal and the initial value sent to the write tag address. The initial state value overrides the initial value in the Tag Editor (if entered).

Allen-Bradley Company, LLC, Copyright © 1993-2002, All Rights Reserved

Last edited:
No replies...

Guess I am the only person to have this problem? Or not important for the screens of the PV600 to UPDATE on power up of the panelview?

I will try this code in the PLC with a "Piloted" Control List Selector...
PVList2.png

Let me know if this is the right direction please...

Expanding on RBEYER

In PB32 go to

Application Settings > Terminal Setup --- Power up TAB

Then try changing the

Control Object Presets options box

Hit f1 and the help screen explains what each box does

Here is what I have now...

Here is what I have now...
PV_Set.png

The problem is when I download to the PV, I have to manual change each page that has a Control List selector, the PLC has the correct values but the Control List Selectors do not update like all the other objects do...

I have the same issue as Daniel had in this old thread.

Every night the sanitation crew shuts down a palletizing area and when they power up, the PV1000 displays the default (initial state) control list items in my standard control list objects.

The items highlighted are not updated based on the contents of the PLC, so the operators may think the correct item is selected when it is not.

I don't want to write all tags to the controller on power up as this would generate a ton of other problems.

I don't need all the features of a piloted control list, I just want a standard one that won't LIE to me on power up everyday...

Looks like the fix is to switch to a piloted control list and use some PLC logic to manipulate the control tag and search tag.

If someone knows precisely how this should work it would sure help. Otherwise, I will experiment a little on my own and post my findings.

Thanks,
Paul

I have working code that I am looking at. (Didn't write it). It looks as if it is as simple as using the following to give what you want
Couple of extras
Make sure Product_Control = 0
Make sure that the State has Access set to "User and Controller"

PilotList1.JPG

PilotList2.JPG

PS the working code is doing other things that don't make it simple to read, extra features

How'd ya do?

Thanks MichaelG

That helped, but it still did not get the display in sync with the SLC following a power up. The stoopid panelview (I wish we used PanelMates here...) will show the lists in the initial state but it does not write to the write tag until the operator presses enter.

If I set the control bit, the panelview will update the piloted control list, but if I leave the bit set, it will not allow the operator to make a change...

So I had to add code to conditionally write to the control bits. The only thing I could come up with quickly was to use the page change register like this:
PV_Pilot_List_001.JPG

PV_Pilot_List_002.JPG

PV_Pilot_List_003.JPG