Time syncronization betwenn 4 controllogix processors on ControlNet

asim_rana

We have for 4 controllogix processors communicationg with each other on Controlnet network.Suppose a transmitter value is coming in first processore then i can view this value into remaining 3 processors using produced consumed appraoch.My proces is very critical i need a very strong surity that value which is coming to first processor ,at the same timestamp it should be visible to other 3. There should not be any dealy.Any way to resolve this problem

Dear Asim,
you can always synchronize the CNET network time in all PLCs over the CNET. However, I am not sure if there is a way to have the signal coming to one processor, can arrive to the others with the same timestamp, due to the processing delays in the first PLC, and then network delay etc...

You can designate one controller as the coordinated system time master.

On Cnet any controller can be a consumber of the produced data from any IO module, even if its in a different rack. Input modules can "belong" to multiple processors in multiple racks. When configured this way each controller gets a copy of the data at whatever the module RPI is. There is no need to have the controller in the same rack as the module read the data and then re-broadcast it - that adds latency. This is not timestamped, but each controller has the same data at the same time (+NUT). Let the IO module do the work.