Waterpilot

SPID

I have a Siemens s7 plc, Have just installed a waterpilot FMX 167 hydrostatic level measurement, on my plc monitor I have a scaling level, could some one tell me how to set this. Right now 4 ma reads 0000.00 and 20 ma reads 0000.00. The scale is in meteric.Thanks John

I assume that by monitor you mean a PC or operator panel running some S/W such as ProTool to access the PLC data.

There are several possibilities, but before going much further you want to have a look at the raw data you're getting from the Input so that you can be sure the H/W is connected correctly and giving you a signal.

You can do this easily by entering the H/W address - for example, PIW256, in the first column of a VAT table. There is usually a VAT created by default in the Blocks sub-directory of Simatic Manager. To view the raw data click on the "glasses" icon. If you right click on the data cell you can change the display from the default hex to decimal, which is more comfortable to read.

If you've got everthing set up correctly (including the H/W parameters in H/W-Config), you should have a value of zero at 4 mA input and 27648 at 20 mA.

Back
Top Bottom