Hi all.

It is my first time trying connecting an siemens plc to
pc using Step-7 software.

plc is 313c-2dp , adapter is 6ES7-972-OCA23-0XA0, connected
on X1 on plc
the plc is fresh out of the box.

now reading older posting i understood that i should
play a little with coms

is there other place where i should look for mistakes?
(power led is on, active led is off)

thx for any info
marian

I can't find that exact number you quote either online or on the CD catalogue, but it looks like it's a TS adapter (Tele-Service for access via Modem). These can also be used to connect directly to the MPI Port. There was a post recently about this and somebody mentioned that one particular DIP-switch had to be set to "1" (Switch 5, perhaps?). If you've got a manual, check there, or do a search for TS.

Failing that, wait for Jesper to come online and solve all your problems in about two minutes! :D

Failing that, wait for Jesper to come online and solve all your problems in about two minutes!
Sorry, I dont know much the TS adapter, but I don know that it can work either driectly or via a modem. Check the documentation on how to use it directly.

For STEP7 to use the TS adapter, you must open the "Set PG/PC Interface" utility and set S7ONLINE access point to "PC Adapter".

hi,

The coted ref is for Pc adapter and it works correctly on com1 or com2 but, be sure that adapter is selected ( Tools;param PG/Pc and select Pc adapter PMI).

Good luck

Aha, its a PC adapter. And the PLC is fresh out of the box.
Then there is a good chance that the PC adapter will work with the default settings when "PC Adapter (MPI)" is selected in "Set PC/PG Interface".
Hook it up to the PLC and hit the "available nodes" button in STEP7. The PLC should show up as node 2.

thanks everybody.

after i changed the com and installed the MPI adapter on PG/PC interface working beautiful.(anyway after started working, i found somewhere in one box the adapter manual, which however i looked 2 days ago like crazy for it on net or into siemens site with 0 results)

so the hardest part passed :)

thx again and see you around
marian