On Line Editing

PERSPOLIS

HI EXPERTS
I did try on line editing in the shop for the first time as I read from the help file (rslogix 500) you can edit ,delete and etc however I did insert only one rung went on line no problem now I changed to output SAY 4 after assembling acceptance still the previous output on the only way I could get rid of it by going to data table and typing zero appropriately . when I have a few rungs even though I deleted one rung and download it to processor going on line still deleted rung ia active I mean the related output even that rung DO NOT EXIST IN THE PROGRAM I AM SURE I AM DOING SOMETHING WRONG HERE BUT WHAT I DO NOT KNOW.

THANKS EXPERTS

I am going to suggest a few thing Persopolis, OK?

First and foremost, slow down, we know English is not your first language therefore when you type, think, etc too fast we arent able to understand completely.

I take it you attempted to go online at work or in workshop today and tried to edit online with RSlogix 500, for whatever reason the online edit didnt work satisfactorily.

Take it slow and inform of us what you actually attempted and what the outcome was.

Did you attempt to MODIFY a line of code?
DID you add an line of code?
Did you attempt to modify a line of code and it added another line?

With RSLogix you can "while online" edit/modify lines of code (for some processors), is this what you attempted to do?

Did you make changes to a program then attempt to go online and upload the new version? Was the processor in program mode?

Lot of what ifs, for the pros that can help you in detail please take time to think about what you did then state it in a more detailed/precise manner.

Hi
My understanding is if an output is 'on' and you delete the rung, the output will stay on.
The output would have to be 'scanned' to turn it off.

Logix500 does warn you of this when you are doing online edits.
Turning off an output in the data tables is fine if it's 'stuck' on.