how to read 110vac with plc's dc inputs?

I am looking for a solution for how to read the presence of a 110 vac signal when the plc I am using only has dc source or sink inputs. I know the obvious answer of using a relay but would like to know of any solid-state interface devices that anyone would recommend.

you could use a cheap bridge rectifier at each 120 vac to convert to pulsing DC. If your DC inputs at PLC are rated 12-130 vdc your OK. If rated 0-30vdc you will have to also drop the voltage.

Similar Topics

Hi, The hardware is: Click Plc model # CO-O1DD1-O HMI model # S3ML-R magnetic-inductive flow meter model # FMM100-1001. I will set the flow meter...
Replies
Views
Is there a way to use the FAL instruction to do +=2 instead of +=1? I have an array that is organized with alternating "data" and "flag" values...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone i have a customer, who wants to show an alarm on the machine, if the I/O forces are enabled and set, on at ControlLogix L81E with...
Replies
Views
Hi Iam using monitouch hmi(V9 soft) with omron plc cj2m (CX programmer). In this I want to read a data from hmi to plc. The data was like...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone. Quick questions. On UnityPro, I want to open and quickly read tags from a .STA files witouth opening the program. I have 30 plc...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom