OPC server

Dear Krishna
OPC means: OLE for process control and OLE means: Object link element.
i use OPC when i want to use a HMI software and a PLC and my HMI DOES NOT have driver for that plc.
it means opc is environment that many software knows it.
for example if i want to use citect with siemens plc, i use siemens OPC server so my tags will go from plc to that, then i use citect as OPC client and now i can see that tags.

OPC = OLE for Process Control
It's a method to gather data from several PLCs. OPC is client-server architecture, the basic principle is just like client-server concept.

Similar Topics

I am running CCW 13 trying to upload to a micro 820 vers.12 I get an output message OPC server is unable to load project controller. Please help!
Replies
Views
If anyone has a crack for IBH OPC Server, please send it to: [email protected] Urgently. Thanks in advance!
Replies
Views
Folks, I have a client with an old ABB Advant / MOD300 system (v14.4). Around y2k I installed the ABB Industrial IT MOD300 OPC Server 1.1/2...
Replies
Views
Hello everyone, I wanted to share my findings with getting the new OPC UA server working (I think you might be interested in this JeremyM :lolis:)...
Replies
Views
I have a Win10 64 bit host for my OPC DA server, which is Indusoft (Studio,Scada.OPC.3). Locally OPC works, Matrikon OPC Explorer. On my Win7...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom