300 Micro list / message question.

Mark_H

I'm using a 300 micro panel view with a ML1200.

I'm not sure if I can do it but I would like to have a list where I can have the user scroll up and down the list, and each line would be like a message display tied to it's certain bit.

For instance the full list would display like this:

Switch 1 ok
Switch 2 ok
Switch 3 ok
Check Switch 4
Switch 5 ok
Switch 6 ok
Check Switch 7
Switch 20 ok

Ideally I would prefer to display only the lines that needed the attention, but I fear it would take more time to implement then it is worth, and I have a feeling they are only going to come get me anyway...

Have a look at the Alarm List. Depending on how you define "needs attention", you may need to create a separate bit in your PLC and have that be the Alarm trigger . . .

Marc

Thanks for the suggestion, I called AB Tech Support this morning and they told me what I wanted to do was not possible on this platform. I would have to go to a Panel View Plus. I'll just use the individual message objects and spread them out over a couple of screens.

Thanks again.

You could write your own logic for a scrolling ST file.
Just use a Bit assigned to an UP arrow, and call an integer, representing a phrase in the PV.
For some of these more intuitive needs you have to be more creative.
In comparing a PV300 to even the most basic PV+, you are talking thousands. (CAD).
In the old school, and I am not old...but 34, we actually had to write the logic. It would be nice to have everything pre-developed....but for $400.00 plus the PV software, you can't ask for anything better for the money. (and reliable).

I have integrated many of the 300 series, they work well...but watch out for passwords on the micro!