How to do a Timer-Momemory?

DiggiDan

I like to have a memory that "SET" on , for example, X1 and then "RST" when the time has run out...

PLZ help me...

I am use to Mitsubishi-PLC:s so please make the code in this language!

THANK YOU VERRY MUCH!

//DiggiDan!

DiggiDan

First you have to decide under what conditions you want your 'bit' to be set and under what conditions for it to be reset.

I can't really remember Mitsi but I'm sure its just something like:

X1 Y1
-| |----------------(S)

X1 Y1
-|/|----------------(R)

Obviously there would be little point to the above code as you could just have Y1 on a normal coil that is conditional to the state of X1... but hopefully you get the idea.

:)

hmm... can you be moore specific?

I meen the original memory-code is:

LD X1
SET M0
LD X2 <--- HERE SHOULD THE TIME_STUFF BE...
RST M0
OUT Y1

Sorry... misread your original post.. didn't see the thing about a timer... (oops)

OK

You probably want something like this..

X1 M0
--| |---------------(SET)

X2 T1
--| |---------------( )
KT1.2

T1 M0
--| |----------------(RST)

I can't remember how to do the timebases in mitsi off the top of my head but they are something like that.

If you are still stuck let me know and I'll fire up the laptop and have a look.

Cheers

JT

Thank you!

Well i think i can find somebody who know he codes if you don't know them.

And if you remember them you can always wright them down
icon7.gif

Thank you verry much!

Great help!

Greeting //DiggiDan!

Not quite...
This will work even if X1 stays on longer than preset of T1

X1 T1 T1
---]^[----------+----]\[--+------------( )
| | K1
| |
M0 | | M0
---] [----------+ +-------------( )

and in case you are looking for timer off function:

X1 X1 T1
---] [----------+---------+-----]\[----( )
| | K1
| |
M0 T1 | | M0
---] [----]\[---+ +-------------( )

Last edited:

X1 T1
---] [-------+-------+-----( )
| | KT1.0
M0 T1 | | M0
---] [---]\[-+ +-----( )

M0 T1 M1
----] [---]\[-----------( )

My first example will turn on M1 for the set time - but if X1 remains on, it will repeat the output pulse again because the timer rung reset, then execute again on the next scan.

PM's example will stay on for the desired time duration after X1 turns off.

If you want the pulse duration to be set regardless of how long X1 stays on then this logic will do that at M1.

Looks like we overlapped posts there PM between your edit and my second suggestion.

I've only done a couple of mitsubishi PLCs and I didn't think of the ]^[ instruction. Thats definitely a better way to do it.

Last edited:
I thank everybody fdor their answers, but cant anyone wright it in the code-way?

I don't really understand the ladder-stuff...

Please wright it in the code-way...

Thank you!

//DiggiDan!

And remember that the program shall "RST" when the time is out...

well i think it will work but it was in siemens-language so i will firts translate it to mitsubishi, but then i think it will work...

:D

Take care!