• SFC

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Grafecet

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

jaichains

Hi All

I am a trainee in the field of PLC's and have learned only ladder logics in university as the only style of programming PLC'S, until i came to the real world.

Pls tell me which style would you prefer to programme a PLC, if you were given a choice.

I have heard french like Grafecet. Germans like Structured Text.
British and Americans Ladder Logic.

I would tend to go structured text. I know that's in complete opposition to the thread that Mickey has a link to. But my position in that thread is based on being friendly to the end user. If that consideration is removed and I had complete freedom I would go structured text.

As an aside, I don't think of SFC as a language, really. It is more of an organisational tool. You still need to put some type of code into the actions and transitions of an SFC, written in one of the other languages.

Keith

I voted for ladder logic...I dont really know why would any one program a plc in any other language!!

I know stl, basic, etc...but when I program using these languages...I dont feel confortable.

khalil said:
I voted for ladder logic...I dont really know why would any one program a plc in any other language!!
Given all the options, which is what some programming software will let you do, I choose the one(s) that make sense. There are things that ladder works well for, others make more sense in FBD. ST/IL can take a lot of the grunt work out of working with data tables, but it's lousy for a lot of parallel boolean comparisons.

How should I vote?

AK

I use LL, ST, FB, and SFC (Grafcet is just one case of the SFC languages so I'm not sure why you classified it independently).

Which one I use depends entirely on what I am doing and the processor I am using. Most of my projects use some mixture of all four languages.