Simatic TP 170A HMI (generate screen through S7-300 PLC)

jaichains

Hi all

I am using Simatic TP 170A HMI using ProTool 6.0 SP2 with a S7-300 PLC. I need to know how can i change screens on the HMI from the PLC i.e the HMI should read values from a register in PLC and change screens. Example: If the register in PLC says 5, screen 5 in HMI should be generated.

Pls.all help me in this one, if possible. Thank you very much.

jaichains said:
Example: If the register in PLC says 5, screen 5 in HMI should be generated.

generated??

You can use PLC job 51 to change screens or if the TP170A is a windoze CE panel you can do it this way.....

Create a integer tag and go to "Functions" for that tag, select "Screens" and "Select Screen Variable". Under the "Options" tab set the "Read Cont" check box ON. The screens will change when you change the value in the Int Tag. It is easy to try from a VAT in S7.

Thanks to RRobbins for that little nugget.

Paul