Analog comparator

imn

Does anyone know where I can find an off the shelf solid state analog comparator board/module? It would compare a setpoint signal to a transducer input signal, 4-20mA, & output a 12/24 vdc digital signal when the transducer input exceeds the setpoint. This in turn is connected to a PLC high speed counter module. The application is response time testing of a solenoid valve shifting. It has to be high speed, < 1ms response time.

You might be in roll your own territory. I didn't do an exhaustive search but the few places I looked all had 100msec response or similar. You may be hard pressed to get an off-the-shelf solution with the speed you are looking for.

Keith

Originally posted by imn:

Does anyone know where I can find an off the shelf solid state analog comparator board/module?

The LM319 fits the off-the-shelf solid state part of the request but falls a little short on the board/module requirement. :)

If I were faced with a similar challenge I would build up my own with a comparator like theDave2 is suggesting. It may not be an off the shelf module but it will certainly get the job done.

Keith