PLC Downloading Problem

kyonemoto

I am using RSLogix 500 and RSLinx with an Allen Bradley SLC 5/03 Controller. This machine was built for us but was never finished and the program written for it in the processor module was never completed. I am trying to swap a newer version of the program into the SLC with an RS232 cable. I was able to upload the original program fine off of the processor and when I try and download it seems like it downloads fine. But when I upload again to see what I have just downloaded it shows up as the original older program as if nothing changed. Does anyone know what I am doing wrong while I am downloading?

I would bet that it has a EEPROM module installed and is re-loading from it each time it starts. See if you can check out the bits in the status register before download. Possibly S:1/11.

Expanding on the above

In Logix 500, if you go to the project tree pane

Double click on controller processor status icon
(within Project > Controller)

The select the Mem Module Tab as in the attached

Expanding on this when you download your new program to the slc and go online

to store the new program to eeprom then select

Comms > Eeprom > Store to Eeprom

As long as the original programmer ticked the first box (allow reuse i think) then you should be able to update the eeprom

Last edited: