Data Cartridge AB PLC-2 style

okiebob

I have recovered 4 data carts for a PLC-2. The program that I have is pretty much useless (Ladder only no descriptors 712 rungs) THANKS JOHN PALEY for the ladder download. I seem to remember hearing that the carts also did not contain descriptors is this true or are more brain cells going over the edge. The process is two carts for one PLC two versions of prog and two for the other two versions here also. If I can HOPE I can dl the carts and then xlate to PLC-5 at $1800 (the price on that little program went up 11/11/02 from $1500) then get rolling again. Thanks for the input, keep up the tangents, very interesting.

Your memory's probably OK - the cartridge tapes only saved the program in a form that would reproduce on a -T3 terminal.

Most of the documentation programs (Taylor, Xycom, etc.) could load a program from tape but you had to enter the descriptions and comments subsequently.

It's been said before, but beware that the conversion s/w is not perfect and some PLC-2 constructs do not translate directly to a PLC-5 equivalent. Therefore, for large programs the s/w may be useful, but for small programs, it may not be worth the price.

Conversion

Yup, already been hit with the conversion downfalls and the perks. We will keep 2 slot addressing, rack and card placement the same plus a few other good things drop the PID cards go with independant controllers, drop redi panel and program 32 hard buttons, drop plasma display and use PV-550 instead, so the program will actually get smaller through leaning out the system. I don't know about other AB reps but the ones up in Tulsa OK are OUTSTANDING. That is sales, tech (hardware and software) plus just general sales support for generic items. WAY TO GO REXEL NELSON Tulsa OK.