transfer data in PLC (programming question)

pavel47

Hello

I want to transfet binary data from PLC outputs
to DWORD data block.
Then, DWORD data block I read in PC (Cimplicity).
The acceptable format for DWORD data block in Cimplicity is:

DB<datablocknumber>.DBD<index>

To transfer value of output A12.0
to bit0 of a byte DB3.DBX1 I use:

U A12.0
= DB3.DBX1.0

But how to transfer A12.0 to bit0 of DWORD DB3.DBD1?

Thank you in advance.

Pavel.

You have just done it.... well almost?
even if you a bit (dbx) or byte dbb or word dbw or double dbd setting bit 0 on a word then loading the word the least significant bit will reflect the output A12.0, however if you want to use double words then reverse the words
so
A A12.0
= DB3.dbx2.0 (a double DBD1 contains Dw1 & dw2)
also if you want to transfer a block of 8 or 16 outputs to a byte or word then
either.....
A A12.0
= Db3.dbx1.0
A A12.1
= DB3.dbx1.1
.... and so on
Note if you structure your DB as double words then in the code it will only display without symbolic info.
or
L QW 12
T db3.dbw1
etc.

This would also depend on how many bits you could address within the word... for instance in S7 you address the words:
DW0
DW2
DW4 etc

DW0 consists of DBB0 and DBB1

So, a double word eg. DB3.DBD1
Would consist of words..
DB3.DBW1 and DB3.DBW3

Or Bytes
DB3.DBB1 and DB3.DBB2 and DB3.DBB3 and DB3.DBB4

So the least significant bit would be DB3.DBX4.0

Hope this makes sense cos I think I've just confused myself...
:))

Just a quick note, although it's possible to do it, it's not generally regarded as good practice to address WORDs and DWORDs by odd addresses such as DB3.DBD1. It's safer to stick to using even addresses for them.