Trouble Connecting to PV300.

smith31

I'm attempting to download an application to a PV300 terminal, but I cant seem to get RSLinx to connect to the terminal:smas: . I am using an RS232 cable (DH1). RSLinx shows an AB_DF1-1,DH-485 connection to Comm1 but the terminal shows up as 00, Workstation, DF1-COM1. I have configured the PV300 communications to be:
Comms N/8/2
Baud 19200
Node 2
Error CRC
Hand Off

I have tried to connect with the panel in configuration mode and run mode. Can somebody tell me what I'm doing wrong?🤞🏻

RSWho only browses and states that its found node 0, but not node 1, what about node 2?

yeah, the exact model # of the panelview will make a huge difference on how you talk to it. post the whole model # and we can help you get talking to it, but I suspect that you may need some sort of signal converter if you are having trouble with a simple RS232 connection.

I just tore apart the cable i've been using and I realized that its not wired like the 2711-NC13,2711-NC14 cable that I believe that I am supposed to be using. Let me try to piece this one together properly and then I'll reply with my results. Thanks for all your help.

Basically you need a straight-thru serial cable.

If you have that then in RSLinx use the RS232 DF1 devices driver.

Id recommend deleting the old one and installing a new one, then click configure, drop down the rh box (DEVICE) to SLC CH0/Micro/Panelview

I cant remember if you need to set the node, set this to 02

You should be able to 'auto-config' the driver and see the PV.

Click OK, if this works you should see in COMMUNICATIONS > RSWho > AB DH1 DH485 ................ your PC and your Panel View

Then

In PB32, select download.

Drop down the Transfer Type box and select RSLinx Network

Browse the bottom left tree pane for AB DF1 > YOUR PANELVIEW 300

Then Click OK

I think this is about right, doing it from memory as its been a long time since i used a df1 panelview!

Okay,

I replaced the cable with the 2711-NC13 cable that I made according to the wiring diagram from AB 2711-IN037B-EN-P Publication. Now when the auto configuration is attempted it sends back a baud rate of 57600 and then gets stuck on the error checking with an error that says "Unable to verify settings due to packet timeout"/"Verify all cables and settings".