Step 7 version 5.0

S7 is now on v5.3 service pack 2.

You can't download it I'm afraid, you have to buy it. Plus a lot of new hardware can't be programmed with the old stuff.

Just Siemens nice way of ripping folk off....

:)

Yes! You are right!

But is it not amazing how people en manufacturers keep demanding Siemens PLC ‘s!! While there are so many other PLC brands which are much more custom oriented……….

Siemens hold a massive share of the market so they can basically do what they want...

We are currently moving towards Mitsi with our new stuff.

I think until Siemens start losing their hold on the market, prices will continue to stay high and people will feel they are being ripped off...

If I get hold of an old laptop which runs win98 will i be able to access the S7-300 to read only with step 7 v5.0? as i only need it for fault finding.

All our other equipment is on Allen Bradley so I dont want to upgrade Step 7 yet!