Time Compare 505 WorkShop

cciblazer

Trying to use a TCMP command in 505 workshop. I have left the LT and GT blank, don't need them just want the output when time match.
Is there an address I can pull up in my data window to see what the current value of the tcmp is? I have set the TM to my V-address to the value of 16 u16 for 4:00. So at 4:00 I should get an output correct?

Thanks

My first question to you is... do you, or did you, use CVU?

Next, with respect to catching an "equal time"... that depends on your scan time. (What is your scan-time?)

TI-Compare-Time is measured in Hours-Minutes-Seconds.

Scan Time has an impact on what the "current time" is.

In general, you are always better off using Time Compare for Greater Than or Less Than. This will handle both short scan times and long scan times.

You need to parse the Status Words (STW-141, -142, 143, 144(?)... I can't remember the exact range) to find where you are... in time.

When the Hour and Minute are in the particular range, start watching for the Time is Greater Output to come on. That output will come on no sooner than the time has arrived, and within one scan after the time has arrived.

If this doesn't help you... then, I wonder how you are using the output from the Time Compare function.

So... CVU?

cvu...going to have to say no since I don't know what it stands for.

I am moving the values of stw141, 142 and 143. Not 144, I think that is for day of the week. I have three of the tcmp's setup. The first one is set to match at 8:01 the second at 4:01(16:01) and the third at 11:59 (23:59). This morning the 8:01 worked but the 4:01 and 11:59 didn't. Not sure why. I am going to probably set up a timer with a counter to get by output bit for every 8 hours unless someone else has a better idea.

By your limited description... it seems like it might work...

Can you post the code you are using?

Draw it up, in WORD, using COURIER, then cut-n-paste it to a reply form.

Then, on the reply form, enclose it all with the "Ladder" sequences, as shown below...

[LADDER]
Your code...
[/LADDER]

Be damned sure to PREVIEW before Submit!
If you need to fix your code display, do it in the word document.

The Timer and counter is working ok. My only concern with this is if the program is ever stopped for a complete download etc. If I were using the plc clock it wouldn't be an issue. The request for this info is hopefully only for a couple of months. That being said I should be ok unless they want this to be a permanent collection. Then I may want to try using the plc clock again. Thanks for your help.