Step7 error code when using Retrieve command

Sandman67

Hello everyone,

This is my first post and has to do with using the Retrieve command in Step7 Simatic Manager. A vendor recently sent us an updated program in a zipped file and told us to use Retrieve to extract it. The problem is when I do this it will halt and then a message appears: Archive program terminated itself with exit code 199. Does anyone out there know what this means? I have sent an e-mail back to the vendor but getting information from them is sometimes like pulling teeth. Thanks in advance for any help on this.

msanders

Try to use PKZIP or WinZip to extract the archive file.
If everything opens OK, then you know that zip file is OK.
Also, you can open the unzipped project files by just pointing STEP7 to the directory where you unzipped the files (using "File..Open", not "Retieve").