Converting AB PLC2 to Omron cqm1h

Timofthedeep

Anyone have any ideas on converting the AB "sequencer output" command to Omron PLC? I've been working on this for a while and my brain hurts. Thanks in advance.

sequencer is an overated move instruction

I am not familiar with the Omron, but wouldn't this work for any PLC.

What ever fires your Sequencer Ouput instruction, have it pulse an instruction that adds one to itself . in the Omron. Depending on the value of the counter word, move the proper bit sequence (word value) into the output word. Make sure to set the counter word back to its starting value when you exceed the max count value.

clear as mud?

sequencer

Actually, it's an over-rated move with mask instruction (MVM). Does Omron have one of those?

You should be able to convert your Omron program with out any problems, in fact most lines will be rung for rung with just the addresses being different.

If I were you I would call my local Omron guy and I am sure that he would come and help you convert the program. I know when I first used Omron they were more than happy to assist me.

The Allen Bradley sequencer function are very powerful and I'm familiar with Omron's available functions and their is no equal. Keep in mind that the AB sequencer functions can do more than sequence if you have an open mind.