Event Messages in TP170A

jaichains

Hi All

Please could you all help me to know how event messages work in TP170A HMI and my s/w is ProTool V6.0 SP2.

How does the message come on screen? There is a Event Meaasge option which takes me to a calender sort of thing. how should i declare my tags in there to have a message come up on screen whenever that tag in set or reset. Pls help.

Hello jaichains;
First, look at the following extract from the ProTool manual:

TP170_mess.jpg

So you need to create Area pointers in the PLC for the display and acknowledgement of your messages. If you reserve 5 words for message display (say DB10.DBW0 to DB10.DBW4, in a CPU S7-300), activating DB10.DBX0.0 in your program will display message 1 on the HMI unit; activating DB10.DBX0.1 will activate message 2...
Same thing applies to acknowledgement and clearing of the message, through their own area pointers.

Hope this helps,
Daniel Chartier

Hello jaichains;

if by "acknowledge" you mean removing it from the message view, you can do that by disabling the bit you set to call the message in the first place.
But there is no provision in the TP170A for an alarm/message screen that would timestamp and register the acknowledge of your message.
Hope this helps,
Daniel Chartier