Motor control programs in laddar logic

richie

I recently purchased AB companion kits with a 1200 micro logic controller with two inputs and two outputs with a 12 switch board.I have rs logic companion software and slc companion software.My company is putting in a ab slc 500/05 at my plant and I want to get a head start and want to learn ladder logic in detailed. Rockewell has two courses in programing my question is what are some good books on motor schematics to incorporate in ladder logic. Or any websites out their on this I am interested in automation I am in instrumentation.
cobra

One of the best resources I found when I just started programming ladder was an old SLC 100 manual. It was for using the handheld programmer. Good luck finding one, I think they stopped making 100's 10 years ago.

One thing for sure, when they install your system, stick like glue to the startup guy.

Seagullplayer said:
One of the best resources I found when I just started programming ladder was an old SLC 100 manual. It was for using the handheld programmer. Good luck finding one, I think they stopped making 100's 10 years ago.

One thing for sure, when they install your system, stick like glue to the startup guy.
I paid a big price for the three trainer's and the 1200 logic controller I do not have a good deal experience in motor control start and stop schematics my job has a project for chlorine process in drinking water with motor controls that helps and their are courses but what about books on motor control anyway thanks for answering my queation!!!!

Looks like they sell some training courses here at the forum. Check out the top of the main page. I would think someone here can tell us if they are worth it.

for practical motor controls, buy an Ugly's Electrical Reference book from any electrical supplier. In the current book, there are 4 different start/stop combinations & a jog diagram. If you understand controls (which you should, if programming) then the diagrams should make sense.

Search the forums here. There have been some good start-stop, and e-stop circuits posted. Many have come from Ron's site, linked above.

Search google, I have found a lot of circuits for control panels connections to the real world there. Some are listed for specs on bids for government jobs.

Most "text" books that I have seen are generally lacking in anything that you can use.

regards.....casey